In this episode Meghan and Lis continue their conversation on the Old Girls’ Network. They also express their thoughts and feelings around friends who become parents and motherhood. And, of course, they discuss what the universe is telling Lis today. Enjoy!
- The Old Girls Network cont. - how we’re all just figuring it out
- “Our only model is Samantha Jones from Sex in the City”
- “Can we start the Old Girls’ Network?”
- Two non-mothers talk motherhood
- Our frustrations with friends who say they aren’t going to have kids, but then do
- But yet, we love and support the moms of the world
- Lis flips the script… but is she right?
- What’s the Universe Telling You Today, Lis?!
- “What’s a Druid ceremony?”
Post Show Additional Resources
- https://mfbt.ca/maternity-leave-an-american-in-canada-e0cb96a0e422#.q42qi2nn5 - guilt that moms are faced with?
- Quote: “But Waldman stirred controversy for the sake of expressing one of the fundamental frustrations across women who regret having children, and even those who don't: motherhood should be your primary identity above all others.”
- Quote: “Society's decisive discomfort with these mothers gets at a larger discomfort with women overall—that we won't do our fundamental jobs. And that even if we do, we may change our minds.”
Credit and Thanks!
Intro music “Frunken Rogg” by Wired Ant, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License