In this episode, Meghan and Lis talk with the 7th ranked female professional ironman athlete in the world, Sarah Piampiano. She tells us about her early life, moving from being an Olympic hopeful (in two sports!) into the world of finance, then leaving investment banking to become a professional athlete. Listen in as she not only awes us, but schools us on some lessons learned along the way.
- A short discussion on the Women's March and facts (or lack thereof)
- Lis breaks down the Whole30
- Introducing Sarah Piampiano!
- Being an Olympic hopeful in not one but two sports
- From athletics to finance
- Living life to the extreme, and loving it?
- Doing a triathlon… on a bet?
- Is it nature or nurture?
- More on habits… can one just stop smoking on the spot?
- Becoming more self-aware
- Being a professional athlete vs. being in finance
- Sarah’s life and career trajectory
- Lessons learned from the pro
Credit and Thanks
- Intro music “Frunken Rogg” by Wired Ant, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License
Want more AOP? Make sure to Subscribe now!