In this episode we have the honor of talking with author and editor Susan DeFreitas. Not only do we get to hear about how she’s fought for her career in the arts, but we get to have some amazing discussions about security vs. freedom, artists as “culture jammers,” and some of the safety nets and privilege that contribute to our narratives. This one definitely ended too soon. Enjoy!
- Meghan settles in to a warm place AND adopts a dog!
- Lis prepares to return to the East Coast then shares something she hates
- Introducing Susan DeFreitas!
- The great gamble: “I’ve paid in security what I’ve gained in freedom.”
- Sharing all of our best tools
- Sales as service
- Seeing the vulnerability in others and ourselves
- Making a career in the arts
- “Artists are culture jammers”
- Breaking down the enormity of the tasks at hand
- A discussion on safety nets
- “Talent is just a place to start”
- Don’t forget to please Rate and Review us on iTunes. We’ll be sure to shout you out on our next episode!
- Hot Season - Susan’s latest book
- Rene’s Adrift on Purpose episode
- Booze and Pot in Teen Years Lessen Life Success
- Brené Brown
- Prescott College - Susan’s alma mater
- “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” Joseph Campbell
Credit and Thanks
Intro music “Frunken Rogg” by Wired Ant, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License
Want more AOP? Make sure to Subscribe now!