Today we have the honor of speaking with our dear friend Shannon Fisher about her life as a content strategist, part-time nomad, and lifelong learner. Piggybacking on our conversation with Jena Booher last week, we were particularly interested in hearing how being a parent has shaped her career and life journey, as well as the challenges that come with major upheavals. We love Shannon for her frank vulnerability, her commitment to making the world a better place, and her willingness to keep exploring what works—and what doesn’t. In this episode, you’ll find heart and inspiration in a person who’s decided to look life straight in the eye instead running away in fear. We’re sure you won’t want to miss this one.
- Lis freaks out at being “halfway there,” and Meghan speaks on her upcoming trip to Colombia
- Introducing Shannon Fisher!
- On living half of life at home and half on the road
- More about unschooling a teenager
- Putting yourself out there
- Getting into—and out of—“the church”
- Finding the courage to find yourself
- What it’s like to raise a child in today’s world
- Struggling and living with depression
- Feeling like you’ve made something of yourself
- Lis gets “Lispirational”
- Design & Content Conference
- The Republic of Quality
- The Elements of Content Strategy - by Erin Kissane
- The Sunday Service - improv troupe
- Karen McGrane - our awesome friend who makes the internet suck less
Credit and Thanks
- Intro music “Frunken Rogg” by Wired Ant, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License
Want more AOP? Make sure to Subscribe now!