In this episode we speak with journalist, dominatrix, and local city council candidate Margaret Corvid who leads us through a life journey focused on creating a world she’s proud to live in. She explains to us how she jump-started her current career from a place of necessity, talks to us about life as a professional dominatrix, and tells us how she takes matters into her own hands to try to right the wrongs surrounding her. We learned a lot from this one, and we’re sure you will too!
- Lis’ weird allergy life
- Megan’s ghostly hiking pack
- Introducing Margaret Corvid!
- Finding one’s way not through choice, but necessity
- From Cleveland to Scotland… “What was that like?”
- Comparing the political environments of the UK and the US
- Encouraging more women to run for government
- Some thoughts on white privilege and marginalization
- How voice recognition systems are created for an American, white, male world… and what that means
- What it means to be a professional dominatrix
- A discussion about decriminalizing sex work… or not
- Looking to the future
- The Horrors of Brexit and Trump Convinced Me to Run for Office - Margaret’s article about being inspired to run for office
- Algorithmic Justice League
- How I’m Fighting Bias in Algorithms - Joy Buolamwini’s TED Talk
- Amnesty International publishes policy and research on protection of sex workers’ rights
Credit and Thanks
- Intro music “Frunken Rogg” by Wired Ant, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License
Want more ADOP? Make sure to Subscribe now!