Today we have the honor of spending time with career consultant and social worker Kim Eisenberg, who talks with us about expanding her career, moving back and forth between roles, and the need to set boundaries while maintaining a clear sense of self. She left us feeling informed, inspired, and balanced—not an easy feat! The time just flew by in this chat, and we’re sure you’ll find Kim as engrossing and engaging as we did.
- Lis brings the outside in
- Meghan preps to move
- A short discussion on accumulating stuff
- Introducing Kim Eisenberg!
- Becoming a licensed social worker
- Moving back and forth between corporations and nonprofits
- A deep dive into the process of changing careers
- On getting threatened while working at a nonprofit
- A cultural shift on privilege… but still far from solutions
- People can’t compartmentalize and Don’t Follow Your Passion
- Setting boundaries while being yourself
- “How do you know you’re on the right path?”
- Do Not Follow Your Passion - Kim’s Ignite San Diego talk
- Ignite San Diego YouTube channel
- The Arsenal of Exclusion - 99% Invisible Podcast episode
Credit and Thanks
- Intro music “Frunken Rogg” by Wired Ant, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License
Want more ADOP? Make sure to Subscribe now!