We talk with Meghan’s longtime friend, New York comedian and Newark enthusiast (we know) Justin Williams. He shines a light on living spaces by exploring what makes a city great—and livable—and shares his passion for Newark in a hilarious and surprising history lesson. Plus, he dishes on outrageous New York apartments and treasures he’s uncovered restoring his house. Not only will you be hankering to get yourself to New Jersey, but you’ll also have fresh fodder for thinking differently about living spaces. Enjoy!
- Lis has a major revelation
- Introducing comedian Justin Williams!
- The many different living spaces in New York
- Including a room made of doors
- Moving to Newark
- Uncovering the layers of a city’s history
- A discussion on gentrification
- Restoring a home
- Newark was progressive in the 30s—who knew?
- A culture of rebellion
- What is the drawback?
- A man without a country
- Newark could be a failed city…
- The (un)friendliest place on Earth
- Justin will come to your house
- Lastly, don’t forget to rate and review Adrift On Purpose on iTunes! We’ll be sure to shout you out on our next episode :)
Credit and Thanks
Intro music “Frunken Rogg” by Wired Ant, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License
Want more AOP? Make sure to Subscribe now!