[Content warning: Sexual assault, disordered eating]
Meghan and Lis chat with fellow podcaster and host of Mind Love Podcast, Melissa Monte! Melissa shares her incredible journey through coping with multiple sexual assaults, living in and escaping from a toxic relationship, healing after eight years of bulimia, and finding herself and her way in this world. She explains how everything starts in the mind, and if we’re able to understand what’s there and move forward from it, we can do anything. Enjoy!
- Diana is coming to visit Lis
- Meghan (and Lis) reflects on old episodes
- Introducing Melissa Monte!
- From a charmed childhood to experiencing major life trauma
- Reaching rock bottom, realizing need to apply lessons
- On landing in jail for someone else’s crime
- Getting out of a VERY zany boyfriend situation
- Bulimia and the healing process
- Identifying self-limiting beliefs
- Living in the Age of Awareness
- A discussion on men, sex, and the #MeToo Movement
- The way you see other people is a reflection of yourself
- Don’t forget to please Rate and Review us on iTunes. We’ll be sure to shout you out on our next episode!
- Mind Love Podcast
- Lydia Lee’s episode
- Happiness and Other Small Things of Absolute Importance
- Life hacks are part of a 200-year-old movement to destroy your humanity
- Helen’s episode
- The 5 Love Languages - By Gary Chapman
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - By Stephen R. Covey
- The Mastery of Love - By Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Power - By Rhonda Byrne
- The Bulimia Help Method: A Revolutionary New Approach That Works - By Richard Kerr, Ali Kerr, Catherine Liberty
Credit and Thanks
Intro music “Frunken Rogg” by Wired Ant, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License
Want more AOP? Make sure to Subscribe now!