This week we ‘put things in perspective’ as we talk with prison activist and consultant Jen Myers. Not only do we get insight into Jen’s own time in federal prison, but we hear all about how she’s using those experiences to create change and hope for others. This is definitely a special episode from which we walked away feeling moved. Here’s hoping you feel the same!
- Lis fires a client!
- Meghan reflects on privilege
- Introducing Jen Myers!
- From Midwest girl to federal prisoner
- Understanding more about being a prison activist and consultant
- Hosting a TEDx in prison
- Adjusting to life in prison
- A discussion on people having an experience
- Mothering in prison
- “The whole paradigm of the system has gotten upside down”
- Helping women re-enter society post prison
- Prison counseling on Dance Moms
- Prison for trans people
- What happens now that marijuana is legal?
- Key takeaways for all our listeners
- "Orange is the New Black’s" strengths and weaknesses
- Don’t forget to please Rate and Review us on iTunes. We’ll be sure to shout you out on our next episode!
- All I Know I Learned in Prison - Jen’s Ignite San Diego talk
- Trafficking the Good Life - Jen’s book
- R.I.S.E. to Empower - Non-profit Jen co-founded
- TEDx Donovan Correctional - Tedx Jen helped organize
- Jen’s clip from Dance Moms
- I lived “Orange is the New Black” -- Now I’m Going to Watch it Again - Jen’s article
Credit and Thanks
Intro music “Frunken Rogg” by Wired Ant, used under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License
Want more AOP? Make sure to Subscribe now!